Saturday, May 11, 2013

ASIAN RED-LIGHT DISTRICTS: Bangkok's Patpong at Daytime



I lost my virginity in Bangkok so sex is a big part of my memories of the city. Though I never repeated because shortly thereafter I heard about their big AIDS morbidity. Still, my best memories of Bangkok are its bedroom delights.

The most notorious mongering site in Asia for decades now is an alley called Phat Pong. It is actually composed of two parallel side streets between Surawong and Silom in the city's old Chinatown, now hugely gentrified. A short walk from Lumphini Park where you can always go and do the taichi to regain your strength afterwards.

So how does Patpong (the more common spelling) look at daytime?


We have entered Patpong 1 from the Silom side. The angels seem to be sleeping at daytime.


Very innocent street. As long as you don't read the names of the bars.


 We now enter Patpong 2 from the Surawong side


What is a nice-looking babe in clinging short shorts doing at Patpong at daytime?


Could she be a...?


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Great Photos! I never seen Patpong this empty. I am always there after dark. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete